Arlington Drain Cleaning
Our Northern VA Drain Cleaning Experts Get the Job Done Right the First Time
When you turn a faucet on in your home, you know you will get fresh, clean water every time. Why? Because you can see it. There’s an action, and there’s a result. But have you given much thought to the parts of your plumbing you can’t see? Dirty drains are one of the biggest causes of clogs and costly repairs in homes, and our experts want to make sure that doesn’t happen to you.
Why Is Drain Cleaning Important?
Every day we depend on our plumbing system for a nearly endless number of tasks. And while we can generally depend on ceaseless service from our systems, all of this usage takes a toll. Every single thing that goes into your drains has an impact on its cleanliness. Soap, dirt, grime, and even the minerals in your water can build into a big issue.
Dirty drains are the leading cause of clogs and plumbing repair. Don’t let the unseen mess accumulate! Stave off the need for costly services by maintaining your system with professional drain cleaning to ensure your pipes’ continued health and dependability.
Signs You Need Drain Cleaning Services
While it is generally obvious, it is important to know when your drains need to be cleaned.
Contact one of our expert Northern Virginia drain cleaning experts if:
- You notice slow draining. Sinks, tubs, and even appliances may begin to drain very slowly if there is buildup. All of that junk accumulates over time, eventually amassing into a big, dense glob that might leave you with an unwanted repair situation. Proper cleaning can help prevent this.
- You notice backups. If your water appliances occasionally expel random water or make strange gurgling sounds, you’re probably dealing with the early stages of a clog somewhere down the line of your pipes. A good drain cleaning should eradicate this issue if caught fast enough.
- You notice sewage odors. The smell of a clogged sewer line is unmistakable, and it usually spells disaster for homeowners. Backed-up sewage usually indicates a main drain blockage, which could result in complete sewer line replacement. You might notice drains in the lowest part of your home backing up whenever you turn on a fixture, or you may find puddles of dirty water in the yard. Either way, make sure you call HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited immediately.
Five Ways To Prevent The Need For Drain Cleaning
1. Consider a hair catcher – Hair in the shower drain is the number one reason our Arlington drain cleaning professionals get called into homes. These hair catchers are cheap pieces of plastic that will save your drains and wallet from the constant need for drain cleaning.
2. Install a lint-trap – If your washing machine isn’t draining like it used to, it could be because of a backup in your drain line. Lint traps are cheap and easy to install so ask our drain cleaning specialists about it the next time they’re over.
3. Clean your drains – Like everything else in our home, our drains need some tender love and care every once in a while as well. For best results use a combination of warm water and vinegar. You can best clean your garbage disposal with ice cubes.
4. Collect used grease and cooking oils – Washing away all the cooking oils down the kitchen sink may seem easy, but it will cause you a headache and a visit from our Arlington drain cleaning experts. What will happen is these sticky substances will stick to your pipes and wreak all sorts of havoc on your drains.
5. Avoid putting the following items in your garbage disposal – Coffee grounds, eggshells, pasta, celery, bones and rice need to all be disposed of in your garbage can.
Fully Licensed Plumbers Providing Superior Service
At HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited, our team is wholly dedicated to providing you with fast, effective service that puts your needs first. The certified Northern Virginia plumbers at HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited make it our goal to always bring you the best in the industry. From repair to installation, we make your needs our focus, and for our drain cleaning services, we aim for the same level of guaranteed satisfaction.
When you want professional results, hire a plumbing professional who knows how to clear clogs and protect your plumbing systems from damage! At HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited, our certified plumbers are experts at drain cleaning and drain repair. We work quickly and utilize the best, most effective practices when tackling clogged drains in Northern Virginia. Whether it’s tree roots, hair, grease, oil, children’s toys, paper towels, or food debris, we’ve yet to come across a clog we can’t clear!
Frequently Asked Questions About Drain Cleaning in Arlington, VA
How do I know my drains are clogged?
Aside from water that won’t drain or water that’s backing up in your basins, you may notice gurgling noises from your pipes or smell a bad odor such as rotting food.
Won't drain cleaners fix a clogged drain?
Store-bought drain cleaners are only so powerful. While they can help loosen shallow clogs and get the water flowing again, they are not effective at clogs deep within your plumbing system. Moreover, repeated use of these cleaners can cause damage to your pipes.
Should I preemptively clean my drains?
Most drains only need to be cleaned when a clog appears. However, if your home is 30 or more years old with older pipes, then preemptive cleaning can help prevent clogs from occurring.
How does HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited remove clogs from deep within the pipes?
We can use drain augers and hydro jetters. These have the reach and power to go deep within the plumbing system to remove the clog and get the water flowing again thoroughly. In most cases, it takes us less than a couple of hours to complete the process in a typical residential home.
Can I rent an auger or hydro jet to do the work myself?
You can, but you shouldn’t. These are powerful pieces of equipment that require considerable training to use properly. There is a risk of injury and serious damage to your home and plumbing systems if used incorrectly.
Do you have more questions about drain cleaning in Northern Virginia? Contact the HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited team at (703) 455-6000, and we’ll be happy to give you the answers you need to get the water flowing again.
UP TO $1,550 FOR SELECT PRODUCTS expires 10/31/23
AIR QUALITY PRODUCTS expires 10/31/23
With Approved Credit for Select Products expires 10/31/23
What Our Customers are Saying
I had my inspection done by Steven Worthy yesterday and I definitely wanted to make sure you thank him for putting...M. Scozia
Steve just finished the service and did an OUTSTANDING job! Keep up the great work and thank you.K. Lippold
Thank you! Great service. Your employee is first rate. Josue is a nice young man.B. Henry
Great Job changing sump pump by Chase Scott. He also gave me advice and knowledge for keeping and maintaining prop...Azin Razavieh
Chase was super helpful in replacing my garbage disposal and fixing my toilet. He was super friendly and completed...Erik M.
Chase Scott provided great service. Very friendly. He found the problem quickly. He showed me what the issue was a...Jodie B.
& Plumbing Unlimited
Dedicated to friendly & reliable service
We’re dedicated to your comfort
No-nonsense pricing for all services
Factory-trained and certified technicians
100% satisfaction guarantee