Want to Breathe Better Air? Take these Simple Steps and Experience Better Air Quality in No Time!
Your home is a sanctuary. A place of rest, safety and relaxation, away from the stressors of work and outside life. But for many of us, this idea goes no further than that. The thought that all of that smog, allergy inducing pollen and ozone are present in the air of your home rarely even crosses our minds. It should.
Did you know the air you’re breathing in your home is dirtier than the air outside? No worries, though, because you can always count on HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited for your air quality services. Contact us today!
Improve Air Quality Painlessly
To improve air quality in your home, you need to consider a few specific details. The two major factors that govern air quality are: where allergens and pollutants collect, and how they are introduced into your home.
Keep It Clean!
Irritants such as dust, mites and pollen can collect in the fabrics and furniture of your home. The dust in your carpet could literally be decades old, and in this way these pollutants stick around and accumulate over time. This accumulated pollen can then be stirred up and released into the air you breathe simply by walking on it, sitting on it or using a fan. So, how do you minimize ambient allergens? Check out these easy-peasy solutions:
- Avoid wearing shoes indoors, as they track loads of dust and gunk into your home (Or at least place mats around the entrances of your home)
- Have your carpets cleaned professionally bi-annually to minimize the collection of allergens
Keep It Out!
Chemicals, high-emissions products and smoking are all common things that introduce all sorts of air pollution into your home. Here are some tips for reducing the number of allergens you introduce to your home:
- Make your home a smoke-free zone. Smoking introduces a veritable cocktail of carcinogens into the air. Keep it outside to avoid collecting these harmful particles in your home
- Avoid the use of harsh and harmful cleaners and chemicals, instead opting for “natural” cleaning solutions and products. There are plenty on the market that boast just a few simple ingredients
- Avoid the use of aerosol can products. There are alternatives for your deodorants, hairsprays and air fresheners that don’t boast harmful chemical cocktails.
Aside from the tips we’ve stated, there are some other quick and easy applications every homeowner should consider. And some of them are snazzy to boot!
- Houseplants are a gorgeous and fancy way to improve air quality in your home. Aloe, Gerber daisies and golden pothos are all awesome at naturally reducing the harmful chemicals in the air of your home
- The use of HEPA filters in your vacuum is an easy way to get pesky mites and motes of dust out of your carpet
- Keeping up to date with your HVAC unit’s filter is a huge factor in the quality of air in your home. That monster is blowing air around your home all day, and if it’s not kept clean, it’ll be blowing dust, pollen and formaldehyde as well.
Contact HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited for Indoor Air Quality in Northern Virginia
Maintaining good air quality in your home is an investment for the future of your well-being. Removing contaminants, pollution and chemicals from indoor air enables your entire family to breathe more easily, especially those who suffer from asthma or allergies. Additionally, good air quality eliminates odors in all areas including basements, improving and increasing your home’s livable space, resale value and of course, your own quality of life.
What are you waiting for? Breathe better with indoor air quality solutions by HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited. Contact us today and breathe better tomorrow!