HVAC Repair & Installation in Northern Virginia
If you’re a homeowner in Northern Virginia, you’re probably familiar with the term “HVAC.” But other than heating and air conditioning, do you really know anything about your HVAC system?
Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) refers to the entire system and range of procedures required for heating and air conditioning in your home or business. Our NATE-certified HVAC contractors are dealers that specialize in the HVAC repair, service and installation of heating and air conditioning equipment which includes heat pumps, central air conditioning and furnaces. Besides equipment our HVAC specializations include the ventilation system and other ancillary products that are attached to the system such as humidifiers, dehumidifiers, air cleaners and other devices.
Need HVAC services in Fairfax or Northern VA? Contact the HVAC experts at HVAC Unlimited! We are awaiting your call with the friendliest customer service representative in the area!
Split HVAC Systems
In a residential setting, you will typically see what is known as split-system HVAC equipment. This means that part of the HVAC system is located indoors, and part of it is located outdoors. The indoor components will consist of an evaporator coil, which is either connected to the furnace or located inside the air handler of your heat pump.
The outdoor component of a heating and air conditioning system is called a condensing unit and is made up of the condensing coil and the compressor. The compressor is the “heart” of the system because it pumps the coolant and lubricating fluid throughout the machinery. It is the hardest-working and most critical part of the system. In commercial applications, we normally install package HVAC systems that contain all components in one outside unit.
Proper HVAC Ventilation
What do you know about your ventilation system? Here are a few facts:
- Ventilation refers to the duct system that circulates the air in your home or business.
- Air coming into the indoor system is called return air; air going out of the indoor component to the rest of your house is called supply air. In some cases there is very little on the return side, and it may only consist of an empty space below the HVAC closet or a plenum connected to a hole in the roof.
- Modern building codes sometimes require returns in every room, so this can become more complex for newer buildings.
- The ventilation aspect of HVAC is extremely important in terms of comfort, energy efficiency, equipment operation and indoor air quality.
- There can be hundreds of feet of duct in an average-sized house, and it frequently is placed in areas such as the attic or basement where the air is not clean. If your ductwork is not perfectly sealed, you will not only lose heating and air conditioned air to outside areas but also bring dusty or dirty air into the conditioned air in your house. This wastes a lot of energy as well as creating a potentially unhealthy indoor environment.
If you are worried about your air, you can always install an air cleaner or other indoor air quality products.
Choose HVAC Unlimited for HVAC Services in Fairfax and Northern Virginia!
NATE-certified HVAC contractors must be experts in all phases of heat pump, furnace and air conditioner services. We have years of experience in HVAC repair and installation and are able to handle every aspect of your heating and cooling needs. What are you waiting for? Contact us today to schedule an appointment!
HVAC Unlimited Service Areas
We serve areas throughout Northern Virginia, including Aldie, Alexandria, Annandale, Arlington, Ashburn, Bailey’s, Brambleton, Bristow, Burke, Centreville, Chantilly, Clifton, Fairfax, Fairfax Station, Falls Church, Fort Belvoir, Franconia, Gainesville, Great Falls, Haymarket, Herndon, Leesburg, Lorton, Manassas, Mclean, Mount Vernon, Oak Hill, Oakton, Purcellville, Reston, South Riding, Springfield, Stafford, Sterling, Tysons Corner, Vienna, West Springfield, and Woodbridge.
Contact us online now or give us a call us at 703-493-1200 to schedule a service!
for Northern Virginia
Rated 5.0 out of 5 stars
based on 622 customer reviews
Ask about our 100%