Air Conditioning Repair in Northern Virginia
Need an air conditioning repair in Northern VA? Don’t wait! Sitting in a hot, humid, and musty home is enough to drive anyone crazy. No one wants to deal with having a weak or unresponsive air conditioning unit once the hot summer months roll around, and thanks to the experts at HVAC Unlimited, you don’t have to! No matter the cause or circumstance, we are primed and prepared to handle anything unfortunate that may befall your air conditioning this year.
Think you need an air conditioning repair in Fairfax, Arlington, or Alexandria and surrounding Northern Virginia cities? Contact us now, before a little problem turns into big one!
Air Conditioner Repair Services in Fairfax, VA
When problems arise with your air conditioning system, be it central, ductless, heat pump, or even a hybrid, you need the help of top-class professionals to restore your home comfort. Our summer seasons are unpredictable, and often relentless, and we never want you to be left hot and uncomfortable during a Northern Virginia heat wave!
The air conditioner repair professionals at HVAC Unlimited combine years of experience, top-class training, and the best tools in the business to provide you with repair that gets the job done, and done right the first time. We place your needs and comfort above all else, and our service aims to bring you fast, accurate repair service and time you need it.
Signs You Need Air Conditioning Repairs:
It’s not always easy to tell if you need AC repairs. Generally, you should call a cooling contractor if your air conditioner exhibits any of the following signs:
- Your unit is blowing warm or only slightly cool air
- Irregular noise, including clunking, gurgles or unusual clicks
- Strange odors accompanied by poor air flow
- Excessive leaking or dripping along ducts or from unit
Our AC professionals are proud to bring the very best in air conditioning repair services, available at any hour of any day to work on units of any model or age. At HVAC Unlimited, your happiness is our priority!
Central Air Conditioning Repairs
There are various signs that your central AC unit may need repairs, many of which we listed above, but let’s go into a little more detail so you can be sure in identifying potential causes that call for repair.
- Leakage: When condensation forms inside of your unit (which is a part of normal function), a drainage system directs the excess moisture. When this system is in jeopardy, pools of water can form at the bottom of and around your unit. These pools, as well as freezing along the sides of the unit or on its internal parts, are often sure signs your central unit is in need of repair.
- Strange odors: Odd smells that persist while your unit is running can be a sign that your coils are dirty, or that the filter may be clogged. If you’re just turning the unit on for the first time of the season, some of this odd musty smell is rather normal, but if it persists for longer than a day, it’s a good idea to call in the pros.
- Warm or slightly cool air: This is often a sign that the coolant in your system is in need of a recharge, and is definitely a cue to call in the cavalry.
- Irregular noise: Central air conditioning systems make noise, for sure, but it often fades into the back of our minds within a few days of it running. If your unit is making enough noise that it calls your attention, its best to get it checked right away to avoid potential disasters.
Ductless Air Conditioning Repair
Ductless, or “Mini-Split” AC systems come with their own unique challenges and issues, but the folks at HVAC Unlimited are more than equipped to handle any issue that may arise! These units share many of the same signs for repair as central air, but there a couple to keep your eye (and ear) out for.
- Overheating: A running unit is likely slightly warm to the touch. This is normal, but if it begins to give off excessive heat (like a hot hair-dryer) and smells slightly of ozone, it’s a good idea to contact a trusted professional.
- Leaking refrigerant: Just as a central unit can improperly drain condensation, so can a ductless unit. Both require a check. But, your ductless unit can potentially leak coolant, which is a sign of a much larger issue and requires immediate servicing.
- System freezing or ice: Many problems can lead to a sudden formation of ice or frost on your ductless system, including air flow complications, refrigerant issues, and even a system that just isn’t cleaned often enough! No matter the cause, you can count on the HVAC Unlimited repair team to root out the issue and get it fixed right away.
- Sudden rises in energy costs: Ductless cooling systems boast some really exceptional energy-efficiency, as well as low cooling costs—it’s one of the big reasons why they’re so popular! So when your bill suddenly shoots up by even tens of dollars, you can bet there’s an issue. Call on our team to restore the efficiency of your system!
Heat Pump Repair
Our experts have been handling heat pump systems for decades. We’ve seen, and fixed, it all! Heat pump systems, like the other system types, can encounter some fairly unique problems. If you enjoy the benefits of a heat pump system in your Virginia home, be wary of the following:
- Mode jamming. Since a heat pump system can serve as both a cooling and heating system, it features mode swapping. Occasionally, the system can get stuck in one or the other–you’ll often notice this just as the seasons turn, when you’re trying to go from “heat” to “cool.” The problem lies with your reversing valve, but the fix is a fairly simple one for our professional repair team.
- Puddling water. This can be accompanied by ice of frost, much in the same way as a ductless system. Undue condensation typically comes from a condensate system malfunction, but can also arise when your coils or overall system hasn’t been cleaned or serviced frequently enough. Especially with heat pumps, semi-annual HVAC maintenance is critical!
24-Hour Emergency Cooling Repair Services
No problem is ever going to wait politely for a convenient time to arise (if there is such thing as a convenient time for an AC breakdown). You need access to quality, knowledgeable service from top-class HVAC professionals. In fact, you deserve it! And that’s why our emergency repair team is available any time, any day to help restore your comfort and meet your cooling needs.
When you contact HVAC Unlimited for emergency AC repair service, we’ll prioritize your call, sending a fully-equipped and expertly trained repair team to your home right away. Have an HVAC emergency? Contact our emergency service team online now, or call us at 703-493-1200!
HVAC Unlimited: Northern Virginia’s Favorite Air Conditioning Repair Company
Regardless of where or when, if you’re experiencing any of these issues, contact us at HVAC Unlimited and let us put our expertise at your disposal. Our expertly trained professionals are standing by, ready for you!
for Northern Virginia
Rated 5.0 out of 5 stars
based on 547 customer reviews
Ask about our 100%