What Type of Heating Equipment Is Best for Your Fairfax, VA Home?
Our climate in Fairfax, VA can be a bit of a puzzle box when you’re trying to decide on what heating system or heating equipment will work best for your Fairfax home. While we don’t experience ice-age temperatures per se, Virginia winters get plenty cold, and choosing the system that works best for you ensures optimal comfort and avoids excessive heating expenses in the Winter months. So, what system works best to suit your needs? Central heating system? Heat pumps?
Here at HVAC Unlimited, our team of experts have come up with a few primary factors aimed at assisting you in choosing the system that is right for your home.
Choosing the Proper Heating Equipment
Beyond all factors, the big question about your heating equipment is this: How much heat do you need? The simple answer is “All of it. I need all of the heat,” but this knee jerk response is what leads homeowners to tragic utility costs. So again, how much heat do you need? How much heat you need is governed by a few major factors:
- The size of your home. A five bedroom, two bath is certainly going to need beefier heating equipment than a smaller apartment. Keep the size of your home in mind when choosing the system that suits you best.
- The number of occupants. More people generally means more heat in a home. This may seem like a small concern, but it really has a major impact on what kind of heat you need.
- The age and condition of your home. A brand new home that boasts fresh insulation and updated windows will retain more heat, and thus require a less intense system.
Types of Heating Equipment
There is a slew of heating equipment options available on the market these days. Technology has been busy, and the experts at HVAC Unlimited have kept up with demand. Here are a few of the best heating systems for your Fairfax home:
- Forced-air. These are the most commonly used heating equipment, and for good reason. Forced air heating (furnace and ductwork) is reliable, and can be adjusted to suit your specific needs.
- Heat pumps. Heat pumps have seen a huge surge in popularity over the past few years. They offer the very best in energy-efficiency you can get ahold of, and provide plenty of electrical-powered natural heating for your home.
- Boilers. Boilers come in a variety of sizes to address your specific needs. They are reliable, malleable and can utilize a variety of fuel sources.
Any of these heating systems can work really well in your Virginia home. Mostly it comes down to what you, the homeowner, are looking for.
Heating Equipment Installation in Fairfax, VA with HVAC Unlimited
Put all of these answers together, and you might have a decent idea of what type of heating equipment you need. If you’re still in the dark, contact the professionals at HVAC Unlimited. Our certified experts can assist you in answering the questions you may have, and can help you get the heating system that suits you best this winter!