Summer HVAC Savings Tips in Northern VA
Summer seasons in Northern Virginia are often very hot and humid—sometimes even blistering! Luckily, your home is equipped with a top-of-the-line air conditioner to help you stay cool. Well, that’s true until you see your summer energy bills. Are you one of the many people looking for ways to keep comfort levels high, but costs a bit more manageable? HVAC Unlimited can give you a hand with a few simple and straightforward tips from our AC experts!
Are you looking for an energy efficient comfort source to keep you and your family cool this summer? Contact our HVAC professionals online or call us now at 703-493-1200!
Optimizing Your Air Conditioner for Summer Savings
You might be cringing a little bit in anticipation, wondering how much comfort you have to sacrifice to afford to use your home cooling system to combat the summer heat. However, the answer is none. By keeping your air conditioner well taken care of and scheduling repairs as needed, you can continue to stay in good graces with both your family and your wallet. Here are some ways to save on HVAC costs in Northern Virginia this summer:
- Replace your air filter. The air filter installed in your AC system’s blower compartment protects the unit from dust, debris, and pollen. A clean air filter optimizes air flow throughout your home, which means your HVAC system doesn’t have to work as hard. By saving that extra energy, you can also see some savings on your bill.
- Install or utilize existing ceiling fans. Although ceiling fans don’t actually produce cool air, they do change your body’s perception of the temperature, making rooms feel cooler by multiple degrees. Because of this, you can drop your thermostat settings by a couple of degrees and save a lot more energy each month.
- Open all of your vents. You might have heard the old tale that closing vents can increase your comfort—we’ve even seen a few companies spreading the word about this. However, that’s a false statement! Your system was installed to operate in a very specific air pressure range, and tampering with that can actually increase your energy costs. Even worse, it can lead to breakdowns that result in expensive repair costs.
- Consider installing programmable thermostats. If you’re willing to invest in some smart features, like a Wi-Fi enabled programmable thermostat, you can save money for several years in some cases. These systems can run on energy saving routines that help to cut costs and increase comfort. Because programmable thermostats can remember your specific home cooling preferences, they can provide comfort in a way that’s easy, quick, and user friendly.
- Sign up for an AC maintenance plan. Professional maintenance is a preventative service that aims to reduce repair incidents and increase your system’s performance. When scheduled routinely, you can expect your cooling system to work more efficiently for a longer period of time. When you consider the value of an energy efficiency household, you get a glimpse into the importance of regular AC maintenance and tune-ups!
Summer HVAC Savings in Northern Virginia
When you choose HVAC Unlimited to provide air conditioner installation, replacement, repair, and maintenance services for your home, you are setting yourself up to save money, energy, and time! Are you interested in learning more about programmable and wi-fi thermostats? Or scheduling an AC maintenance service today? You’ve come to the right place! Our NATE-certified technicians are professional, thorough, and reliable. With years of expertise and experience, we can provide you with accurate solutions for your home’s needs.
Contact HVAC Unlimited today by calling 703-493-1200 or contacting us online!