How Do I Stay Cool When Waiting for Emergency AC Repair?
It seems like your air conditioner only ever stops working on the hottest days, doesn’t it? It’s always the most inconvenient time, when you have a hundred things to get done, that your AC unit decides to break down. Thankfully, you can take advantage of HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited’s 24-hour emergency AC repair service during times like these—and you do! But while we’re quickly gathering the necessary equipment and preparing to drive over, how can you avoid the sweltering heat that is now enveloping your Northern VA home? Well, we’ve got some tips to keep you cool in the interim.
If your AC isn’t working, call us now at 703-493-1200 for emergency AC repair!
Tips to Stay Cool Before Your AC Unit Is Repaired
- Turn on fans. Whether you have ceiling fans, box fans, or standing fans—turn them on. While they won’t actually cool the rooms in your home, they’ll make you more comfortable while you’re waiting and will provide some short-term relief.
- Close any curtains or window shades. This will help to block the heat from coming into your home, making it even warmer than it already feels.
- Turn off lights and any heavy appliances like washers, dryers, and ovens. Since lights and heavy machinery generate heat, you’ll want to avoid using them while your AC isn’t working. This also means no cooking. We would suggest ordering in or snacking on something in the fridge, which will help to prevent unnecessary heat in your home and cool you off!
- Keep your body temperature cool. You can do this by taking a cold shower, jumping in a nearby pool, or wrapping cold towels around your neck and wrists. This will help with overall comfortability and will prevent you from sweating as much.
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water and avoid caffeinated drinks like coffee. This way, you’ll also have plenty of energy to direct our certified technician to your AC unit once they arrive at your home, which hopefully won’t take too long.
While none of these suggestions will keep your home as cool and comfortable as a properly working air conditioner will, they should help to alleviate discomfort and stress in between the time you schedule an emergency AC repair service and the moment our experts arrive to service your unit.
Do you think you’re experiencing an AC emergency but you’re not sure? Check out our definition for emergency AC repair service in Northern Virginia.
Emergency AC Repair Services in Northern Virginia
When your cooling system is malfunctioning, because it inevitably will at some point, trust HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited to respond quickly and service your HVAC system in a professional and thorough manner. The high temperatures we experience in the Virginia summertime can be incredibly dangerous, not to mention inconvenient, if you can’t properly cool off. When you call HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited, you’ll find friendly and knowledgeable technicians that are experienced in AC repair and eager to help get your household back to normal.
Your comfort and satisfaction is our priority, so call us for all of your AC repair needs at 703-493-1200 today!