5 Home Heating Resolutions to Make in 2016
Making and keeping resolutions help us live better lives in the new year. Getting fit, dropping a few pounds, and throttling back on spending takes plenty of willpower. But, there are some resolutions you can make here and now that won’t take much willpower at all and the payoff is well worth the effort.
With sub-freezing temperatures and higher precipitation than average in our forecast for 2016, it’s essential that homeowners in the Fairfax, VA area get the most from their home heat. Efficiency and reliability are easy to maintain when you trust your home comfort to the experts at HVAC Unlimited the Fairfax area’s foremost authority in residential heating, cooling and plumbing.
For over 20 years, HVAC Unlimited, Inc has delivered on our commitment to superior customer satisfaction. Our expertise in home comfort means you’ll never need to worry over repairs, installation or maintenance. Make 2016 the best year yet for your home comfort. Follow these heating tips for the utmost in efficiency and performance from your home heating system.
Heating Tips for 2016
- Seal and insulate your ducts. Lengthen the lifespan of your furnace, and promote home comfort, by sealing off drafty rooms, doors, and windows. Use vent covers, insulating window treatments, and weatherstripping to seal those drafty areas, and keep your heating system from working overtime.
- Get an HVAC tune-up. Just like your car, your HVAC needs a tune-up for better operation and longer life. When HVAC Unlimited performs an inspection and tune-up of your home heating system, they’ll check for things like clogged or leaking ducts, faulty components, and clogged air filters. You’ll be notified of any repairs you may need and given heating tips to help you stay comfortable and save money in the coming months.
- Replace your thermostat. Older mechanical thermostats rely on mercury to read the temperature of the room, but mercury can degrade, rendering your mechanical thermostat unreliable. For a more efficient, and money-saving thermostat, consider a digital model. Go with a programmable thermostat and you’ll get even more savings on energy costs.
- Give regular maintenance. Just like a tune-up, regular maintenance is a heating tip that will keep you ahead of any major repairs or replacements. If you’ve noticed your furnace making unusual noises, or running longer than it should, contact HVAC Unlimited and schedule maintenance today and you may avoid a serious repair in the days ahead.
- Upgrade your heating or cooling system. With proper care and maintenance, the average furnace can last up to 20 years. If your furnace is nearing that, or has needed more than a few service calls, consider upgrading to a new, super-efficient HVAC system. The latest models offer the utmost in energy savings, which is good for you and the environment. Best of all, your new heating and cooling system will begin paying for itself in immediate utility savings.
Trust the Experts at HVAC Unlimited
Whether you need service, repairs, maintenance or a home heat inspection, contact the professionals at HVAC Unlimited. You’ll have peace of mind so you can concentrate on keeping your other resolutions. Here’s to 2016!