Ductless or Central Heating?
We field our fair share of questions on the road to finding a fully satisfactory solution for our Fairfax consumers. Chief among them is: “What type of heating do I need?” This question comes up particularly often regarding central or ductless heating. We nearly always respond with our own questions:
“What do you expect from your heating?” or “What are your heating needs”, etc., the list could go on.
But the bare essence here is this: What type of heating suits you best is intrinsically tied to your unique needs.
Both systems bring plenty of perks to the table, some similar and some unique to the system. So how do you choose? Well, let’s have a look at what each system brings to the table!
Planning for heat installation in your home? Contact the certified professionals at HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited today!
Ductless Versus Central Heat: A Brief Comparison
The real meat and potatoes of the discussion lies in what each heating system can offer you. The upsides of a central heating unit include:
- Generally lower costs. Bells and whistles aside, central heating is one of the less expensive options to purchase and install, and they don’t require the purchase of fuel sources. This makes them readily available in nearly all locations, and a pretty easy investment to digest.
- Minimal maintenance. Maintaining central heating is very straightforward, requiring annual maintenance and rare repairs.
- Sheer power. If you’re in love with that soul-warming blast of warm air often associated with a furnace kicking on, the raw power of a central unit is right up your alley.
All of this sounds pretty good, right? Well, don’t choose right away, because ductless heating has some great advantages, too:
- Zoning. Far and away, one of the greatest features of ductless heat is the sheer amount of versatility and control they provide. With a ductless system, each room can be temperature controlled independently. This means in rooms where you need heat most, you can have more heat, and in rooms where heating is a bit of a waste, you can keep the temperatures lower. It’s all up to you!
- Efficiency. Tied into the zoning aspect, this versatility of heating means you only pay for what you decide you need, which can result in dramatically less energy use and much lower energy costs.
- Simple and quick installation. With ductless heating, it’s all in the preparation. The actual installation process is a breeze to trained professionals, bringing you heat quickly and readily.
Both types share many benefits, of course, but what we’ve brought up are solely unique to each system. So which is right for you?
Heating Solutions in Virginia with HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited
No matter what kind of heat you want for your Fairfax home, the specialists at HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited can provide! We bring the very best in skill, technology, products and service to our consumers, and we’ll never rest until you’re completely satisfied! Contact us today to learn more about our heating options, or to schedule an appointment!