Common Toilet Problems and How to Fix Them
Encountering issues with your toilet system can be a very sudden source of stress for Virginia homeowners. The issues are quite varied, and without prior knowledge, you more often than not will find yourself calling in for toilet repair in Burke. This is, of course, totally fine! The certified plumbing experts at HVAC Unlimited are always ready to help, and we boast some of the fastest and most effective repair services around.
But sometimes issues can be quite small, and you might be able to handle the problem all on your own! At HVAC Unlimited, we’re all about providing the best solutions possible. Sometimes that means providing our superior services, but sometimes it means arming our patrons with the knowledge needed to do a little toilet repair in Burke all on your own.
Need professional toilet repair in Burke, Virginia? Contact HVAC Unlimited today!
Common Toilet Problems and How To Handle Them
Things You Can Handle On Your Own
These plumbing problems can be fairly common, and require little in the way of expertise to handle:
- Shallow clogs. When we say “shallow” clog, what we’re talking about are those occasional failures to totally flush. They usually occur due to too much paper being used, or when someone flushes odd items in the toilet. This can usually be handled all on your own with the aid of a good quality plunger. Wait until the flush has settled, and apply pressure with the plunger until the clog has loosened and moved on.
- Partial flushing. Toilet not flushing all the way, or “filling” perpetually? The issue is probably your flapper, the bit that fits over the drain in your tank. Give that bit a wiggle (don’t worry, the tank is totally clean) and see if that stops the partial flushing. If it does, you likely have a worn out flapper that needs replacing. The job is quick and easy, and pretty much anyone can handle it!
- Small cracks in the porcelain. Small chips and cracks can make for an unsightly toilet, but they’re quite easy to fill. There are various porcelain sealers and epoxies that are designed specifically for this purpose. The products tend to be fairly cheap, and the instructions are quite easy to follow.
Things That Require a Pro
If you have any of these problems, leave the toilet repair up to the experts!
- Deep clogs or clogs that refuse to give
- Leaking pipes
- Toilet or pipe leaks
- Water damage around the toilet, or along the floors and walls of your bathroom
- Thick cracks that epoxies cannot reliably seal (often requires toilet replacement)
Toilet Repair in Burke with HVAC Unlimited
Not sure how to handle a problem with your Virginia toilet? No worries! The certified plumbers at HVAC Unlimited can provide fast, effective service that our patrons have been relying on for decades. Contact our team today for the superior quality and service you deserve!