Benefits of a Geothermal Heating System
Finding your ideal heating and cooling system can sometimes seem like a bit of a trial. With the sheer number of options available, it can be very easy to just say “good enough” and grab the easiest HVAC system investment. But is easier always the best? Sometimes, sure, and the certified team at HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited is happy to help! But if you’re looking for perfect temperature control, top-class energy-efficiency, and one of the most cost-effective HVAC options out there, we might have a suggestion for you.
At HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited, our team is totally dedicated to providing you with the best solution for your home. And when our Northern Virginia patrons come to us asking about the best, we always ensure we mention geothermal heat pump systems!
Want to know if a geothermal heat pump could be your perfect pick? Contact our experts online to get your consultation!
What Is a Geothermal Heat Pump?
Though geothermal heat pumps aren’t exactly new technology, not everyone is totally familiar with them. Put quite simply, a geothermal heat pump utilizes the static temperatures deep underground to either heat or cool your home as needed, drawing upon thermal energy (geothermal specifically, of course) to meet your comfort needs.
Geothermal systems are installed almost entirely underground, with only your ductwork and a main unit sitting above ground for control access.
What Are the Benefits of a Geothermal Heat Pump?
When we bring up a geothermal heat pump as a suggestion for your heating and cooling needs, we do so because we know geothermal systems are simply one of the best. Wondering what makes us so sure? Well, with a geothermal heat pump you get:
- The best energy-efficiency. High-efficiency ac and heating systems tend to rate around 90 percent efficiency or slightly higher. A Geothermal heat pump? Around 300 percent! Since they utilize existing energy rather than use fuel to generate it, they’re just that much more efficient, making them the king of providing affordable comfort.
- Versatility. All heat pumps, including geothermal systems, offer both heating and cooling for meeting your year round comfort needs. At the flip of a switch a homeowner can swap from heat to cool as needed, making them super user-friendly as well.
- “Green” comfort solutions. Coupling high-efficiency with a lack of emissions, the U.S. Department of Energy places geothermal systems as the single most environmentally-friendly option out there. And with the state of our environment, more and more homeowners are looking for a green heating option, which our team is proud to provide!
- A smart investment. We can’t lie and say geothermal systems are the cheapest option out there. They do pay for themselves over time through energy savings, but the initial purchase is an investment. It is, however, a very smart one. A geothermal heat pump will last you 15, even 20 years of faithful comfort service. Compared to your standard system’s decade or less, a geothermal system just makes sense!
- Silent operation. The dull roar of a central HVAC system drive you bonkers? Not a problem you’ll have with a geothermal heat pump! Modern heat pumps border on totally silent, keeping you cozy or cool with nary a peep.
Superior Heat Pump Installation with HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited in Northern Virginia
Ready to schedule your geothermal heat pump installation, or looking to learn a bit more about how a heat pump could improve your home’s comfort and energy costs? If so, our experts are here to help! We’ve been proudly serving Northern Virginia for decades, and our certified HVAC team would love to help you. Contact us any time online to get started!